Monday, April 16, 2007

London first night review (2) - Europe tour news (22)

Thanks to Sharon Hill:

“Having grown up with the music of Dylan, courtesy of my dad, I was so excited to be finally seeing him live, but also with some trepidation; would the show live up to expectations or would I be greatly disappointed? He is knocking on a bit now: would his voice be up to the job or would he be flagging?

“I had no need to worry. I must admit at first I was a bit disappointed that the old favourites weren’t the acoustic versions of the originals, but once I got over that initial surprise I was totally enamoured of the man. The reworked songs of my childhood were no less favourable, just different!

“The whole night was fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised by how good his voice was live and amazed at what a great musician he is. I honestly wasn’t expecting such a great show. This concert exceeded all my expectations and I went home happy that my perception of the great man hadn’t changed!

“Well done, Bob – can’t wait to see you again!”