Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What’s So Great About… Bob Dylan – with Al Kooper and Bryan Ferry

What’s So Great About… Bob Dylan is a 30-minute documentary to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 1030 on Saturday morning (28 June).

Some of the voices to be heard - Andrew Motion, Bryan Ferry and Al Kooper - promise a stimulating half hour.

I’ll be listening, but not without a sense of foreboding: Dylan and Radio 4 make strange bedfellows.

I was a youthful devotee of the station, but I haven’t listened to BBC Radio 4 for years – ever since I started to find its content and tone irksome.

But my fears are probably misplaced and the programme will most likely confound my expectations.

You can hear many Radio 4 programmes online, live, and some for 7 days afterwards:


www.bbc.co.uk/radio4




Gerry Smith