Monday, May 14, 2007

Don’t Look Back: encore, encore

(Mostly) good news for buyers of Don’t Look Back Limited/De Luxe Ed:

Thanks to Andy Miller, who reported on Tuesday 8 May, while I was away in France: “Don’t Look Back arrives... as it presumably has for other pre-orders from Amazon.”

And thanks to Martin Cowan, who wrote on Wednesday 9 May: “I can report that "Don't Look Back" is currently nestling at Number 1 on the DVD chart in my local HMV, with both the single disc and double disc versions available.”

It’s also now widely available in the shops – FNAC Montpellier had it on display last week. Even Morrison’s, the local supermarket I visit to check out the purchasing power of the proletariat, has the single disc version (£9.99).

So everything’s OK, then? Erm, not quite: my “astute” decision to buy via 101cd.com was a mistake: two weeks after release date, my order is still being “processed”. No apology/explanatory email, either. Never again!



Gerry Smith