Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Don’t Look Back: encore, encore…

Thanks to Nigel Boddy:

“Just to let you and your viewers know, that HMV online are selling the 2DVD set @ £15.99* and the single DVD @ £9.99, with FREE postage and with a release date of 7th May 2007. (*£1 cheaper than play.com!)”



I checked availability of the Limited/De Luxe Ed (2DVD) version from some major online suppliers late Monday night (UK “release date” for Don’t Look Back), and found:

* 101cd.com, my chosen supplier, were still advertising at £15.95 delivered, release date 30/04/2007.

* amazon.co.uk: “we are currently unable to offer this title”

* fopp.co.uk: “release date: 30/04/2007”, £20

* tesco.com: “release date - 7 May”, £19.54

I haven’t yet received my order from 101cd, but will report back as soon as I do. But I think we can reasonably guess that 1. UK release has been delayed by a week and that 2. demand has been high, and some suppliers might have already sold their promised allocation.

Has any UK reader actually got his/her hands on a copy yet?


Gerry Smith