Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Roundhouse extra London gig: I couldn't book - could you?

Along with, I’d guess, another 10,000 Euro Dylan fans, there I was at 0900 this morning with my password from bobdylan.com, poised ready to book the tempting extra London gig at the Roundhouse.

But the only Roundhouse page I could get said:

“Due to a high volume of users we are currently experiencing difficulties with our web ticketing service. Please be assured we are working on restoring this service as soon as possible.

“In the meantime to make a booking, please call the Box Office on xxx”

(I laughed till I cried - the tel number it posted as an alt route to the box office was, obviously, unavailable.)

When I re-tried the web site at 0914, even the link from bobdylan.com was dead.

So no tickets for me for the friggin’ Roundhouse.



Gerry Smith, scorned and scornful, at 0935