Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bob Dylan in LA: very enjoyable

Thanks to Rob Schultz:

“Bob in LA: not a lifetime highlight show (my 41st) but very enjoyable.

“Highlight has to be the return of the great guitarist Charlie Sexton, news which will cheer every Bobcat.

“Recent setlists are the usual ever-changing mix – standards for the casuals, recent highlights for product promo, and a lucky dip for those knowledgeable enough to recognise rarity and great art when they hear it.

“Setlist (though I’m not 100% sure of the order towards the finale):

I’m Gonna Change My Way of Thinking
Shooting Star
Beyond Here Lies Nothin’
Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
Cold Irons Bound
Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine)
My Wife’s Home Town
Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
High Water (for Charlie Patton)
Highway 61 Revisited
I Feel a Change Comin’ On
Thunder on the Mountain
Nettie Moore
Ballad of a Thin Man
Like a Rolling Stone
Jolene
All Along the Watchtower.

“Keep up the good work – I call into Dylan Daily regularly and admire your unique take on all things Bob.”