Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More on: Ovid, and on The Top 20 albums poll

Thanks to Bob Munro for more on Ovid and Modern Times:

“It seems from this link in the local paper that the clue is in the sixth verse of Thunder on the Mountain:

'I've been sitting down and studying the art of love/
I think it's gonna fit me like a glove,'

“The Art of love is Ovid’s most famous work, I understand. I'm certainly not a Latin scholar, so it will be interesting what people make of this.”

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/nelsonmail/0,2106,3823946a6507,00.html



And thanks to John McMahon for his comment on the Top 20 poll:

“There's an obvious bias to more recently issued stuff. Why No Direction Home? It’s interesting, but nothing truly crucial on it. Interesting that “Love And Theft” is creeping up on Time Out Of Mind. Should overtake it.

“In my own mind my top three are (in no order, because its comparing pineapples with kumquats) Blood, “Love And Theft” and Blonde - because I think they are the best in each of the three strongest eras.”